Pin It!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Can You Embroider PUL?

Why of course you can! I'm not saying there aren't other ways to do this but this is the best and easiest way I have found to embroider on PUL. You need a good cut away stabilizer and a few pieces of tear away depending on the weight of your design. You can either trace or cut your diaper cut just make sure you have enough room to hoop the whole piece. I have three layers in my hoop. Bottom layer is stabilizer, middle layer is scrap PUL cut to fit in my hoop, and top layer is my diaper cut. My tear away gets folded up and "floats" under my hoop.  photo 100_1562.jpg After I embroider my pieces that are in the hoop I remove the stabilizer and here's what I'm left with:  photo 100_1563.jpg I fold up the extra of the scrap PUL so that shiny side is touching shiny side. Carefully so as not to stitch my diaper cut I sew around the design on only the scrap PUL.  photo 100_1564.jpg  photo 100_1569.jpg Then I trim away the extra PUL so that all I'm left with is this:  photo 100_1565.jpg Finally the completed diaper cut with the embroidery backed.  photo 100_1566.jpg I hope this helps explain it some. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment